LES RANDONNEURS MONDIAUX
(The regulations adopted at the same time as the Constitution outline the requirement that member Countries need to follow in order to organise and have a long brevet of 1200km or more ratified by the Executive of les Randonneurs Mondiaux.)
1 – RANDONNEURS MONDIAUX REPRESENTATIVE (RMR)
It is the prerogative of each member organization to identify to the Executive Committee the name of their RMR, whether elected or appointed, to the General Assembly (GA). The RMR may also be, but not necessarily, the country’s “ACP correspondant” i.e. data base manager. All communication of a member with the Officers of RM will be via the RMR. The RMR with voting privilege will vote when necessary at the GA and/or by post or electronic means in accordance with the wishes of their country.
2 – RANDONNEURS MONDIAUX EVENTS (Brevets)
1. The allocated time for RM sanctioned events of 1200 km is ninety (90) hours. For events of 1400 km and greater the total time will be based on an average global speed of twelve (12) km per hour. It is recommended that all RM sanctioned events be patterned after the PBP and use qualifying brevets to ensure participants are well prepared and non-finishers are minimized.
2. To have an event sanctioned by RM, the organizer must provide, at a minimum, the following information to the RMR of their country:
- name of the event
- date of the event;
- the name,
- telephone number of the organizer, (Fax number & E-mail if available);
- -- the course outline;
- list of all control points to include the opening and closing times and the distance between each control;
- -- the details of any requirements specific to their country or club, e.g. the need for insurance, helmets, mudguards, dual rear light, etc.
3. All events of 1200 km or more to be submitted for validation by the President of RM will be accepted only if submitted by the RMR of the country.
4. All BRM of 1200 km or more shall appear in the official ACP calendar of event published at the beginning of each year. It is the responsibility of the event organizer to provide via the “ACP correspondant” the complete information to ACP by October 31 of the year preceding the event. The calendar of RM sanctioned events will also be published in the web site of www.lesrandonneursmondiaux.org and in the “PRESIDENT LETTER”.
5. Validation of events of 1200 km or more by the President of RM will necessarily comprise the allocation of the RM medal, the cost of which must be included in the entry fee of the event.
6. For events of 1200 km the RMR in consultation with the President may, on request and with appropriate supporting documentation, approve modifications of the opening and closing time of the control points but within the total time allocation of 90 hours.
APPENDIX 1 – INTERNATIONAL SUPER RANDONNEUR AWARD
The International Super Randonneur award (ISR) was introduced in 1991 by Audax United Kingdom (AUK) and was transferred to LRM for administration in 2017. This award, validated by the President of RM, is designed to encourage and recognize randonneurs who take part in Randonneurs Mondiaux events in other than their own country. The entry form and requirements are available here.